Let’s All Take A Break, DADS!
When we first thought of conceiving this blog, our intention was to focus on what dads like us, thought of when it comes to cooking for our families. Writing about what we cook seems not to be an odd choice since we knew that there are a lot of us who are also into cooking. We’d like to think that what would probably set our blog apart are the anecdotes behind each recipe or each foodie story. It is this approach to appreciating what we enjoy doing that seems to be linked to how our own fathers are when it comes to food.
For example, Robert’s tatay revealed his slight aversion towards sweet food but enjoyed eating pork with gusto. On the other hand, my dad explained that choosing a particular type of ginger enhanced the taste of the broiled fish if this were added to the dipping sauce. Further, we discovered that both our fathers cooked steak!
And so here’s a mouth-watering steak recipe dedicated to our dads who also cooked for us… once upon a time.
Happy Father’s Day, Dads! 😀
DADDY O’s CHUNKY STEAK
* 1 rib eye or top sirloin steak
•1/3 cup Kikkoman soy sauce
• 1/2 cup olive oil
• 1/4 cup Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce
• 2 tbsps. Maggi seasoning
• 2 cloves of garlic, minced
• Freshly grounded pepper to taste
1. Whisk Kikkoman soy sauce, olive oil, Maggi seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, minced garlic and pepper in a mixing bowl. Ensure that the mixture is blended well.
2. Pour marinade over meat and refrigerate from 8-12 hours.
3. Grill or bake meat as desired. Check the meat temperature to ensure that the meat is cooked well.
3. For a sweeter marinade, you may add a little sugar or honey as desired. Enjoy!
* My dad’s only secret to good steak is to keep it simple: season it with salt and pepper!